Submit application and resume to: HR@whiteeaglecu.com
The holidays are nipping at your heels and there’s still a lot to do! It probably seems like your stress levels keep rising while the money in your wallet keeps dwindling. It doesn’t have to be this way. With a bit of planning, you can enjoy a stress-free and affordable holiday season. Not buying what we’re selling? Well, continue reading to find out how:
Get prepared with a WECU Christmas Club Account.
It’s never too late to start saving for the holidays! With a White Eagle Christmas Club Account you can save all year long. Open your account today! Christmas Club
Clear the clutter for cash.
Before the holidays, browse your closets for clothing in good condition you no longer wear. Sell these on resale sites like eBay and Craigslist. You’ll make room for any incoming gifts and give your holiday budget a little wiggle room at the same time.
Shop small businesses.
Avoid crowds and enjoy a wider selection of gift items by shopping small businesses this holiday season. Independently owned stores are more likely to be fully stocked, even late in the season. As a bonus, you’re more likely to land unique gifts, and you’ll be helping local businesses stay afloat during these trying economic times.
Suggest a Secret Santa exchange.
If the gift-shopping is getting to be a bit much, consider cutting back by suggesting a Secret Santa gift exchange. You’ll only need to buy one gift instead of one for everyone in an entire group, and the surprise factor makes it super-fun.
If you’ll be hosting events this holiday season, delegate jobs to your guests. Everyone will appreciate the opportunity to pitch in, and it’ll be more helpful for you if you can assign specific jobs to each guest, instead of having three different people show up with apple pies.
Shop during non-peak hours
Peak business hours, which start in the early afternoon and run until evening, will have the biggest crowds and emptiest shelves. If you can get to the store early in the day, you’ll enjoy a full selection that you can peacefully browse before crowds show up. Stress-free shopping also means you’re more likely to make responsible spending decisions. Win-win!
Use the tips outlined here for a stress-free and budget-friendly pre-holiday season.
Your Turn: Do you have a fabulous last-minute holiday hack to share? Tell us about it in the comments.
“Flake Out” on payments with Winter Skip-a-Pay. This winter take advantage of the WECU’s Winter Skip-a-Pay and “flake out” on *qualified loan payments.
White Eagle Credit Union is pleased to offer its members, the 2023 Holiday Skip-a-Payment. Members can choose to skip their qualified loan payments for either the month of November OR December of this year. This does include all White Eagle Credit Union loans except first mortgages and fixed rate second mortgages.
Check to see if your qualify today. Fill out and bring in the form below or stop in and see a loan officer today.
88th Annual Meeting and Dinner
Our time to gather for our annual meeting and dinner has returned.
Join us for a fun and informative evening.
April 20, 2023
6:00 – 8pm
Please RSVP by April 11, 2023 via email to: email@example.com or call: 316.440.0047.
Spread more magic this Holiday Season when you unwrap special savings with a White Eagle CU Holiday Loan. With the holidays and festive seasoning fast approaching, you may be wondering how you are going to pay for everything. It is a wonderful time of the year to spend with family and friends and it can also be a stressful time for your budget. Plan ahead to reduce the stress and enjoy all the festivities with a 2022 Holiday Signature Loan.
For a limited time you can apply for a Holiday Signature Loan with rates as low as 7.9%. Apply between November 1, 2022 to January 15, 2023. Apply today!
*APR – Annual Percentage Rate. Lowest possible APR for Qualified Borrowers. Limited time offer: 11/1/22 thru 1/15/23 only. Example $1200 @ 7.9% APR for 12 months plus origination fee = $105.38. *All loans subject to approval.
Don’t forget to check out our other Holiday Specials.
Online or on mobile, financial fitness is at your fingertips
Show off your smart money moves. Get financially strong today.
How financially fit are you?
Checking Accounts for Teenagers – White Eagle Credit Union Youth Checking
Opening a checking account is an important first step to establishing your finances. A WECU Checking Account gives you the ability to keep your money safe while being able to access it when you need it. You will receive a Visa Debit Card and have access to our WEOnline Services.
YOUTH Checking (Basic Checking)
- Ages 14 and up
- Show State ID
- Parent or Guardian also on the account *until you are 18
- Unlimited check writing
- FREE Instant Issue VISA Debit Card available*
- No-Fee Overdraft Protection from your Share Account
- FREE Mobile Banking
- FREE eStatements with online check image
- FREE WEOnline Tools – WEPay, WEBudget and More!
- FREE Rewards with uChooseRewards
- Special Member Benefits
- $50 minimum to open account
Learn more about checking accounts at White Eagle Credit Union!
Alternative Route to Augusta WECU Branch. Road construction on Ohio Street has begun here in Augusta. Here is an alternative route when heading North on Ohio.
Turn Right (East) on Belmont Ave until you reach Mainsgate Drive on your left. Take Mainsgate curving until you come to Danbury Road. Turn Left on Danbury then right on Rushwood. This will take you to the stop sign at David Street (SW 80th). Turn Left (West) on David until you reach Ohio and then turn left (South) on Ohio to White Eagle CU.
Our mobile app and WEOline Services are always available for your convenience along with Docusign for loans and other paperwork.
“Hello Summer”! Enjoy every moment of your summer and make your days sunnier with a “Hello Summer” Signature Loan from White Eagle Credit Union. This special summer Loan comes with a low rate of *7.9% APR for twelve months. (subject to approval)
Don’t miss out on this limited time offer – Apply Today! This limited time offer begins June 01, 2022.
*Loans Subject to Approval. Limited time offer. Hello Summer Signature Loan begins 6/1/22. Example :$1,500 loan at 7.90% for 12 months is $130.44 per months. Federally Insured NCUA. * Rates are subject to change.
Don’t Forget Your Graduate this year! We have the perfect gift to give, a CUMoney Visa Gift Card. We have several designs for you to choose from.
WECU will hold the 2022 Board of Volunteers Election via online voting and in-branch voting at open houses.
- We will be sending out emails on April 18, 2022 with links to cast your vote online.
- Open Houses at each branch on Friday, April 22, 2022 where you will be able to cast your vote in-person.
- Voting will close at 5:00 pm on Friday, April 22, 2022
A single gift can bring so much joy!
Let White Eagle help you simplify your holiday shopping this year with CUMONEY® Visa® Gift Cards.
CUMONEY® Visa® Gift Cards can help you simplify your to do list. They are the perfect gift for each person on your list. We have a new selection of designs that you can choose from too.
This year, share the wonder of the holiday season with a gift that can open up a world of possibilities for everyone on your list. Stop in at one of our branches in Augusta, El Dorado or Newton today.
Check out our other options for gift cards: Credit/Debit/Travel/Gift Cards.
Moo-ve over your White Eagle Loan payments with Holiday Skip-a-Pay! It’s your Holiday Budget, Flexible Pay. Your Way!
White Eagle Credit Union is pleased to offer its members, the 2021 Holiday Skip-a-Payment. Members can choose to skip their qualified loan payments for either the month of November OR December of this year. This does include all White Eagle Credit Union loans except first mortgages and fixed rate second mortgages. *All loans are subject to qualifications. Check to see if your loan qualifies today. Fill out and bring in the form below or stop in and see a loan officer today.
Don’t forget to also check out our Holiday Signature Loan Special that will be coming in November.
Download your Application today.
It’s time for Back to School Specials!
BACK TO SCHOOL SIGNATURE LOAN SPECIAL
School will soon be back in session. Ease the stress and costs of books and tuition this fall with a Back to School Signature loan from White Eagle CU. For a limited time you can apply for a Back to School Signature Loan with rates as low as 7.9%. Apply between August 1, 2021 to September 30, 2021. Apply today!
*APR – Annual Percentage Rate. Lowest possible APR for Qualified Borrowers. Limited time offer: 8/1/21 thru 9/30/21 only. Example $1200 @ 7.9% APR for 12 months plus origination fee = $105.38.
- All loans subject to approval.
AUGUST SKIP-A-PAYMENT (Ends 9/1/2021)
Have a White Eagle CU loan? During the month of August, you have the opportunity to skip your loan payment on qualified loans. This includes all WECU loans except first mortgages and/or fixed rate second mortgages.
- You must be current on all loans and have made at least one payment on your loan(s).
- You must have good loan payment history and be in good standing on all WECU accounts.
- No late fees will be added to your loan and your regular payment will resume the following month on your regularly scheduled payment date.
- Loan interest will continue to accrue and will be collected with your next payment.
- A $25.00 processing fee will be charged for each loan payment advanced or 10% of the payment amount, whichever is less.
**Credit Life and Disability Insurance, GAP Insurance or warranties may be affected, if you choose to defer payments on loans with any of those coverages. For more details, visit with a loan officer today!
Download your application today,
Don’t fall for Gift Card Scam. Gift cards are for gifts, not for payments.
If someone calls with urgent news or a convincing story and pressures you to pay them by buying a gift card, like an iTunes, WalMart, or Google Play card, and want you to give them the codes on the back of the card – stop. It’s a scam. Here are couple scenarios that scammers may use.
- A scammer calls and pretends to be from a government agency. Such as IRS or Social Security. The scammer says that you owe money for taxes, bail money, debt collection, and more. They then tell you have to pay them with gift cards.
- A scammer claims to be a family member in trouble or someone you know. The scammer tells you that they need to be paid in gift cards in order to remedy the situation. Don’t believe them. Never buy gift cards for them or provide them with any gift card codes.
- You receive an email that looks like it from someone you know i.e.: your boss, mother, spouse, friend, family member and the person asks you to go buy gift cards and give them the code on back…. STOP! It’s a scam.
- Let’s make some quick money scam. You are short on money and you see the “Make Quick Money” advertisement. Beware this is a scam. The way it works: The scammer is always excited when someone answers their ad. All you have to do is buy them a few gift cards. They will deposit money in your account for the cards plus a few extra dollars for your time. However, they need your banking information in order to deposit the money. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR INFORMATION. It is a SCAM.
If you are ever in doubt if something is correct. Just stop. Give us a call and whatever you do… do not share your personal information and banking information. Thank you.
If you’re a victim of a gift card scam – report it. You can also report the scam to the Federal Trade Commission.
Also, share your experience. There are many ways to help prevent others from falling victim by reporting the scam and sharing your experience via social Medias and also on Google.
Congratulations to our 2021 White Eagle Scholarship Winners. We would also, like to you thank all the applicants that applied for our 2021 Scholarships. We have a committee that reviews all scholarship applications to make sure the selected recipient meets our Scholarship Guidelines.
The Recipient must demonstrate exceptional character, community involvement, an interest in school activities and the potential for academic success. A grade-point average of no less than 3.00 is highly recommended but not required for application. The recipient must be planning to attend a 2– year community college or an accredited 4-year university as a full-time student.
This year’s 2021 Scholarship Winners are as follows:
Andover High School = Hannah Kintzel
Andover Central High School = Josie Brooks
Augusta High School = Tiffany Hilton
Bluestem High School = Kiona Brown
Circle High School = Emily Houck
Douglass High School = Savannah Edmonds
El Dorado High School = Trinity Lawrence
Flint Hills High School = Matison Totty
Newton High School = Shelby Spreier
Remington High School = Asher Brown
Rose Hill High School = Bryson Evans
Annual Meeting Drawing Winner
Flint Hills High School = Kylee Weis
Not For Profit but for Service – 2021 WECU Donations – El Dorado Branch
At White Eagle Credit Union giving back to our communities is a major part of we do. This year is no different, as we begin presenting our 2021 WECU Donations checks to various organizations. Our El Dorado Branch selected the organizations below for 2021. Check out their links and learn more about each organization.
Not For Profit but for Service – 2021 WECU Donations – Newton branch
At White Eagle Credit Union giving back to our communities is a major part of we do. This year is no different, as we begin presenting our 2021 WECU Donations checks to various organizations. Our Newton Branch selected the organizations below for 2021:
Newton High Rollers Skate and Fun Zone
Newton Baseball Club
This Spring, tidy up how you bank for a chance to win $1,000 with the 2021 Spring Sweepstakes.
Spring is the perfect time to clean up your finances and give them a fresh start. And as part of our Spring Sweepstakes, you’re entered for a chance to win $1,000 for every qualifying transaction you make made between April 01 through May 31, 2021.
- WEPay – Add and pay a new Bill Pay payee with WEPay. Manage and pay your bills online or from your WEOnline Services and mobile app.
- eBill: Activate a new eBill. Request and use this electronic version of your bill to easily view, manage and pay your bills right from your Bill Pay account.
- PopMoney. Add and pay a new PopMoney. PopMoney is a quick and easy solution for sending, receiving and requesting money from other people, all from the convenience of your online banking account.
- External Transfers: Add and complete an inbound transfer from a new external account. A fast and simple way to move money into your primary bank account, even from another financial institution.
To learn more about this sweepstakes and sweepstake rules, please visit: https://www.pages01.net/fiservbps/2021SpringSweeps.
Should I be worried about stimulus payment scams?
New stimulus checks are in the works which means fraudsters are working on new ways to take your money. Scams are always a concern when money is involved, so you should be on the lookout. Some possible scams include:
- Emails or texts that try to get you to click on a link that then takes you to a form that asks you for personal information so you can get any payment that you are owed. Do not respond to any email or text asking for personal information.
- Phone calls where someone claims to be from a federal agency such as the IRS or Treasury Department. Never assume an incoming call is from an authorized person especially if they are asking for personal information.
- People who contact you claiming that you can get your payment faster by paying a small fee by using either a gift card or prepaid debit card. Always be cautious when working with any person or business you do not know or cannot verify.
- Someone calls you and demands personal information such as bank account numbers or your Social Security number right away or you’ll lose your benefits. This is almost always a sure sign of a scam.
In general, you should be aware that federal agencies won’t ask you to pay anything up front to get your payment, and they won’t call, email, text, or reach out to you via social media to request your bank account or Social Security number, or to verify personal information.
Will my financial institution know when I am scheduled to receive my stimulus payment?
The answer is no. White Eagle CU does not know when you are scheduled to receive your stimulus payment. Those payments are issued by the IRS, not your financial institution. You can visit the Get My Payment site at IRS.gov for more details, including the status of the payment, and a link to many frequently asked questions.
For the most current information about stimulus payments, visit IRS.gov.
If you spot one of these scams, please tell the Federal Trade Commission at ReportFraud.ftc.gov.
Here are three ways to make car-shopping stress-free with WERide.
At White Eagle CU, we offer our members stress-free auto shopping with WERide. We know that shopping for a new car is exciting. Whether you’re upgrading from your current vehicle or just looking for a comparable replacement, it’s fun to imagine yourself behind the wheel of a new ride.
However, if you’re not exactly sure where to start looking (or what you’re looking for), you may feel overwhelmed with options. Don’t worry, here are some smart tips to make car-shopping stress-free:
- SHOP ONLINE
Shopping online helps you be more efficient. You can browse inventory from auto dealers in your area (or expand your search to other regions) from the comfort of your own home. By streamlining your research during the discovery phase of finding a car, you’ll save valuable time.
- USE SIMPLE TOOLS TO FIND YOUR IDEAL CAR
Want to search for your car based on personal preferences? An online resource like WERide can help you align your ideal options with available inventory. Choose your make, model, color, and more, and match it with a car at auto dealer near you. It’s a stress-free alternative when you’re not able to visit multiple auto dealerships in person.
- SHOP AND COMPARE FOR YOUR BEST DEAL
By comparison shopping online, you can easily review each auto dealer’s pricing, specs, and features—all without ever leaving your home. This will help you narrow your options and determine which car, truck, or SUV meets your needs, and your budget.
Want to simplify your car-shopping experience? Check out WERide, a free online marketplace for our members. And don’t forget to get pre-approved today for your auto loan. We offer low auto loan rates. Give us a call today or start the process online.
Just when you thought 2020 was devoid of good news for Americans – here is a small financial reason to smile! U.S. consumers paid down a record amount of credit card debt this past year.
Tips to paying down credit card debt
Paying off credit card debt can seem daunting – especially if you’ve amassed quite a bit. But with determination and some solid advice, living credit-card-debt free is possible. Here are some tips from Credit.com to get started in the right direction:
- Get organized – Gather all the information for every card on which you’re carrying a balance. Note the balances, interest rates, due dates and minimum payment for each card. Add up all the minimum payments on each of your credit cards to determine how much you must pay each month just to stay on top of credit card bills.
- Consider paying off the card with the highest APR first –Try boosting your payments on the card with the highest APR and paying the minimums on the remaining cards. Once that card is paid off, move on to the card with the next highest APR.
- Or consider paying off the card with the lowest balance first –This may be a method that’s easier to stick to for those who have a difficult time staying motivated without quick gratification. Enjoy the feeling of paying off that lowest balance – then keep paying off from there!
- Create a budget –If you’re not spending within your means, you’ll likely never be able to pay down debt. Create a budget that works for you, leaving wiggle room to pay down that credit card debt. WEBudget is the perfect tool that shows your spending and allows you to create your budget. Check it out in WEOnline Services.
- Be realistic – It’s important to remember that you still need to spend money on necessities (food, clothes, rent, etc.). So be realistic about how much you can put toward your credit card debt each month.
- Schedule Payments – You can schedule ongoing payments in WEPay. You set the dates and amounts. Making it easier to stay ahead and payoff items quicker.
Wishing you a safe and happy Holiday Season.
For 85 years White Eagle Credit Union has been there for our members, their families and the communities we serve. Nothing has changed. You can count on us to be there for you during this period of uncertainty.
Letter from our President
WECU’s Coronavirus Update Communication.
As the Coronavirus continues to spread and affect our communities, the well-being of our members and employees remains our highest priority. At this time, White Eagle CU is taking proactive steps to best protect our members and employees. We are temporarily closing all White Eagle Credit Union branch lobbies effective Monday, November 23, 2020 until further notice. All drive thru services will remain open.
If you have questions regarding your account or need to schedule an appointment if necessary, please call one of our branches:
Augusta: 316.775.7591 El Dorado: 316.320.7649 Newton: 316.283.8517
Please stay connected with us through social media, website and the WECU mobile app
I know this year has been full of challenges and I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to our members for allowing us to serve you. We are grateful for you.
Richard Blue – President
As a reminder, White Eagle Credit Union offers a variety of Online/Convenience Services to access your account 24/7 without leaving your home or work environment.
- WEOnline Services and Mobile Banking is available 24/7 at WhiteEagleCU.com. If you haven’t already, we encourage you to go online and sign-up for online banking and download the WECU Mobile App today.
- Call 24 – 24 Hour Teller is also available 24/7 at 1.800.564.2520. When you need assistance, we are here to help 24 hours a day. Simply call our 24-hour teller line to check your account balance, transfer funds, check the status of your last deposit or check clearances — or anything else you might need. We’ll take care of your requests quickly and deliver the friendly, personal service you expect from White Eagle.
- ATMs – White Eagle offers access to four branded ATM machines for use by our members, as well as a network of nearly 30,000* surcharge-free ATMs, covering all 50 states and 10 countries – an ATM network that’s larger than almost any bank.
- Member Support – Our Member Service Representatives are available by phone during normal business hours. Our representatives can handle basically any non-cash transaction you may have via your telephone request. Phone requests may require additional security questions to assure we have properly identified the caller.
- Remote Deposits – Make deposits with your smartphone conveniently and securely with Mobile Deposit from White Eagle. Just install our Mobile App, and you’ll have FREE access to this easy-to-use tool that will save valuable time every time you use it! With Mobile Deposit, you can deposit checks anytime.
- Loans – we have several different options/solutions available during this time. For the Holiday Season also we are currently offering the Holiday Loan Special and Holiday Skip-a-Payment on qualified loans. Please visit with a loan officer for more information on these products and other solutions that are available to you.
Click the link below for the adobe reader to read and/or open the PDFs
Be diligent in protecting yourself, your financial and personal information.
- Never give out your personal financial information. White Eagle CU will NEVER ask for your personal information via text, email or unsolicited phone call. Please never give out your PIN, SSN, DOB or your account number to anyone calling you and asking for it.
- Do Not give out your online banking information. Please do not give out your account/password/pin.
- Ignore online offers for vaccinations and home test kits. Scammers are trying to get you to buy products that aren’t proven to treat or prevent the Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) — online or in stores.
- Hang up on robocalls. Don’t press any numbers. Scammers are using illegal robocalls to pitch everything from scam Coronavirus treatments to work-at-home schemes.
- Checks: Don’t respond to texts and emails about checks from the government. Anyone who tells you they can get you the money now is a scammer.
- Don’t click on links from sources you don’t know. They could download viruses onto your computer or device.
- Watch for emails claiming to be from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or experts saying they have information about the virus. For the most up-to-date information about the Coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Fact-check information. Scammers, and sometimes well-meaning people, share information that hasn’t been verified.
- Charitable Donations: Please do your homework. If someone wants donations in cash, by gift card, or by wiring money, don’t do it.
For more information on scams and frauds visit https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/coronavirus-scams-what-ftc-doing